Ponce Inlet Lighthouse COVID-19 Visitor Safety Guidelines
Tue, Jun 30, 2020
Are you planning a visit the Ponce Inlet Lighthouse and Museum in the near future? Please review this important COVID-19 related information before your arrival.
- Please ensure you are healthy and not exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19 prior to visiting the Ponce Inlet Lighthouse.
- For the safety of our staff and guests, please practice social distancing whenever possible by maintaining a minimum six-foot separation from others.
- When social distancing is not possible, please restrict group sizes to 10 people or less.
- Masks are currently required within the museum's main entrance/gift shop, lens exhibit building, and both publicly accessible keeper dwellings. Please make sure you are wearing you mask before entering these structures.
- Masks are optional while climbing the tower and touring the light station's outside spaces but recommended if social distancing cannot be observed.
- Building occupancy restrictions are currently in place for the safety of all lighthouse visitors and staff. Visitors may be required to wait to enter the museum's main entrance/gift shop due to occupancy restrictions. Your patience is greatly appreciated.
- Tower occupancy is currently limited to 20 visitors at at time. Please be prepared to wait before entering the tower during the museum's peak hours of visitation.
- Passing lanes have been created on each of the tower's seven staircase landings. Please pass fellow climbers on these landings and not on the stairs.
- Please enter and exit buildings through designated entrance and exit doors only.
- Please follow the directional arrows displayed in each building.
- The Woodshed Theater and Radio Room Building are currently closed to the public due to the inability to maintain social distancing within these small structures.
- All interactive exhibits and touch-screen kiosks are currently closed for COVID-19 safety reasons.
- All previously scheduled special event workshops and activities have been cancelled until further notice for the safety of lighthouse visitors and staff.
- Summer camp tours are not currently available due to COVID-19.
- Your patience and understanding is greatly appreciated. We are all in this together.
Be the first to comment on this post below!